Trusts, Tax & Estate Planning
Trusts are an established and flexible mechanism for holding cash or other assets. They may be created either during an individual’s lifetime or under their Will. Trusts transfer the ownership of assets to a group of people (the Trustees) who manage them, perhaps for the benefit of others.
As a result of their flexibility, trusts can provide:
- Asset protection;
- Ease succession on death;
- Tax planning; and
- Protection for vulnerable adults or children.
As well as advising on the creation of new trusts, our Directors act as Trustees and Harland & Co can administer trusts for other trustees. This includes:
- Managing the trust assets;
- Advising trustees on their duties and responsibilities;
- Liaising with beneficiaries regarding their entitlements; and
- Preparing annual trust accounts and tax returns.
- Liaise with other professionals involved with a trust, such as investment managers, brokers, land agents and accountants.
There are many different types of trust, each with very specific purposes and benefits, such as: Succession Planning; Estate and Tax Planning; By-Pass Trusts and Personal Injury Trusts. To find out which type of trust will be best for you and your family, contact our experienced team for clear advice and guidance.
Our Trusts, Tax & Estate Planning Team
- Kevin Grant
Solicitor & Director
Kevin qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and is a Director at Harland & Co. He has many years experience of dealing with civil litigation and provides advice and assistance to clients who are involved in bringing or defending Court Claims.
He also has a substantial Private Client caseload dealing with Will drafting, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection matters and the the Administration of Estates.
More about Kevin Grant
- Elizabeth Dunn
- Elizabeth is a private client solicitor who has joined Harlands in 2023. Elizabeth deals with the drafting of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and assists clients in the administration of deceased estates.
More about Elizabeth Dunn