It is important to keep your title deeds up to date. This can help protect you against property fraud and make things easier when you come to sell or remortgage your property.
Our property team can help you to:
- Register your property at the Land Registry (for more information see our guide below);
- Apply for "adverse possession" of land that you occupy but is not included in your title deeds;
- Remove entries relating to mortgages which have been repaid;
- Update the names on your title deeds (eg as a result of death or marriage);
- Update the correspondence adress on your title deeds to ensure that any Land Registry notices relating to the property are sent to the right address.
For any queries about your title deeds and to find out how we can help, please contact us.
Registering Your Property (pdf 5.06mb)
Our Title Deeds Team
- Diane Grayson
Diane is the Managing Director at Harland & Co. Diane joined Harland & Co in 1999 and has been a Director since 2004. She deals with all aspects of property work but specialises in commercial property matters. Diane currently heads up the residential property department.
More about Diane Grayson
- Simon Cowell
Solicitor & Director
Simon is the head of our commercial property department. Prior to joining Harland & Co in 1996 he worked for Legal 500 firms in the North East of England and was an in-house property solicitor for a substantial plc.
More about Simon Cowell
- Jadwiga Balmforth
Jadwiga joined our residential property team at Harland & Co. in 2019 as a Conveyancing Executive.
She has over 20 years experience of dealing with residential property sales and purchases.
More about Jadwiga Balmforth
- Jenny Bell
Jenny is the latest addition to our residential property team having over 20 years’ experience in residential conveyancing.
More about Jenny Bell