After a bereavement it can be difficult and emotional to administer an estate (a process often known as 'probate'). Our team will support you at every stage and help make the process straightforward.
We'll help you:
- verify and value the assets and liabilities of the estate
- calculate whether inheritance tax is due
- prepare the application for the relevant Grant
- notify (and identify if there is no Will) the beneficiaries
- finalise income tax matters and distribute the estate in accordance with the terms of the Will (if present)
Our highly experienced team will guide you through the process practically and sensitively. We can offer help with specific aspects or can handle the full administration on your behalf.
To find out more just contact our team.
Our Probate Team
- Kevin Grant
Solicitor & Director
Kevin qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and is a Director at Harland & Co. He has many years experience of dealing with civil litigation and provides advice and assistance to clients who are involved in bringing or defending Court Claims.
He also has a substantial Private Client caseload dealing with Will drafting, Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection matters and the the Administration of Estates.
More about Kevin Grant
- Elizabeth Dunn
- Elizabeth is a private client solicitor who has joined Harlands in 2023. Elizabeth deals with the drafting of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and assists clients in the administration of deceased estates.
More about Elizabeth Dunn